Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Jerk, Jerk, Jerk the Chain a Little Harder!

I have been trying to get more involved with the IT area where I work, specifically with the web site and even perhaps assisting with the in house PC troubleshooting/help desk. It's a small company, so there aren't as many "rungs on the ladder" to climb, which is why I've been pursuing it.
Needless to say, I don't think it's going to happen. It's like they give me enough "hope" that I'll be able to do this but never follow through. Hell, I registered a domain name a year ago (specifically for work) that I haven't been able to use AT ALL! I finally got so fed up that I used my own personal web space to host the Work test site that I put up in March. Guess what, they looked at it once and I've heard nothing since! How many months is that? 4 1/2 months! I've seen snails accomplish more in that amount of time.
I'm at the end of my rope. I'll keep doing the Admin work here, but if an opportunity comes up where I can pursue my IT interests, I'm taking it. How long do they expect me to wait with baited breath to be taken seriously? I graduated Magna Cum Laude for christ's sake! If that doesn't show determination and hard work along with a willingness to try new things/experiment - well I don't know.......
I'm so disheartened by it all. I like working for this company, I really do! But I can't hold my breath thinking I'm going to get an opportunity that doesn't look like it will ever happen. One can only jerk the chain so many times before I get REALLY pissed!



Current Music: I Can't Stand It, Eric Clapton

0 comments: