Wednesday, December 07, 2005

It's A...

Baby H is a boy! J and I are very excited and are now working out names. If you were a fly on the wall you'd get a good laugh at some of the ones we've come up with. We've decided to not tell anyone else, though, when we do decide. They get to know the gender, they have to wait for a name. Plus, I don't want to hear comments about the name we choose. People can have NO TACT WHATSOEVER and be quite rude when it comes to stuff like that and frankly, I'd probably smack the person who makes a snarky comment.
So, in addition to finding real names for Baby H, we're also working on fake names to give everyone else. LOL! Being fans of Monty Python, we thought of Minister of Silly Walks and another one that's like 25 names all together. Don't ask me to write it because I can't remember a single one of them! This should be fun!

As for me, well, I'm still adjusting. I still don't look like I'm pregnant. Seriously, it looks like I've eaten a big dinner and that's about it. I keep seeing all of these other pregnant women w/the cute bellies and I long for that soooo much. It's like, if I'm going to be gaining weight and all then I want the belly to go with it. Of course, in a few months I'll be cursing myself because then I probably will have a huge belly! It's a catch 22.
The other reason for wanting a belly is so that I can wear maternity tops and not look foolish! Tis the season for holiday parties, etc and it's getting more difficult to find tops/sweaters to wear. If I go with just a size larger than I wore pre-pg then the bottom is too short and my quasi belly pokes out. If I go in maternity top, the bottom hangs down and looks like a clown suit!
Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. I wanted to be pg for quite a while (in comparison to some, of course) and earlier this year thought it would never happen. I'm soooooo very grateful to be pg and have everything go smoothly so far. It's just an adjustment that has its bumps.
Clothing companies would make a killing in creating "transitional" clothing for pg ladies. Sure there's some stuff out there, but it's mainly pants/jeans. Find me a top/sweater that isn't full blown maternity and I'd go ape over that! Give me twenty!

0 comments: