Wednesday, February 15, 2006

As the Belly Grows

and other points that are pissing me off/making me cry today.

Baby H is doing well. He's not so much kicking as squirming around and it's awesome! I'm excited to hold him in my arms, but I admit I'll miss feeling him move around in the belly! 9 weeks to go! Hardly seems like time has gone by that fast!

It's pretty obvious that I'm pregnant now. I remember just a few months ago when I was longing to look it. Finally, it is here! Of course, with this comes comments from people when I check out at the store about when baby's due, is it a boy/girl, etc. I don't mind the questions right now. Hopefully I won't get pissy as the time goes by and I get closer (and bigger) to the big day.

This takes me to my next "topic"/vent of things that are pissing me off! Not to mention most of them are making me cry as well. Damn hormones anyway!

1. People (mostly men) who make me get out of the way when walking down a hallway! Hello you fucking asshole, I'm the pregnat one. Give me a break!

2. Turning in my paperwork for my annual review and having my boss say to me,
"Oh, I forgot all your review." Yeah, thanks a fucking lot! I totally feel needed in your department now!

3. Getting my work area/procedure manual all up to date so that the part time pussy wimp girl has a clue as to what she's doing while I'm on maternity leave only to have her make one particular procedures 10x harder than it really is.

4. Having my boss (and now the receptionist and pussy wimp girl) tell me I don't need to take maternity leave, they'll just set up a bassinet in my work area. Gee, what fucking generosity you have! Fuck you!

5. Having #4 repeated 2-3 a day. Again I say, FUCK YOU!

6. Posting an online job listing for a position I've expressed interest in for over a year. My damn BA degree is in the field and I have a fair amount of experience doing said job. When I approaced my boss about it, she says, "Oh, you were still interested in that?" No, I only put it in my review sheet last year and have talked about it off and on for over a fucking year - just because.

7. All of the opportunities on my review sheet last year were taken away from me. No reason only than they couldn't find anyone to do my current job. So, apparently, fuck me.

8. The realization that I'll never get promoted here. There's no one to do my job (they don't want to go through the work of hiring someone) so I'm stuck here with empty "opportunities". Fuck me again, only this time bent over with a chainsaw.

9. Hitting the publish post before I was fucking done, damnit!

10. Having to have a meeting regarding #3 because pussy wimp girl can't find an answer on her own.

11. Knowing that the meeting in #10 isn't going to matter one fucking bit because they're going to do things they're own fucking way (backasswards) while I'm out anyway.

12. Getting the shaft at my annual review. At least they could compensate me for the stuff they said I'd get to do last year and then took away from me.


Can you tell I'm really pissed off. I've just had enough of being treated like shit. I'd really like to catch a break! Whether it's with this company or else where, I don't know that I care right now.

I'd just like to catch a fucking break!

0 comments: