Friday, March 17, 2006

In Awe

I was going back over some past posts about Baby. It's amazing to think that 3 months ago I was just starting to really feel him move around and now he stretches out to the point where I walk around with a lopsided belly sometimes. LOL!

I was also comparing the very first u/s pic to the most recent one in January.

September 2005


January 2006


It's amazing to see how much he's grown. It's also leaves me speechless to see how we go from the most basic cells to human beings. Everything has to come together in a certain way - and they do it completely on their own. I have no control over this. The only "control" I have is to take care of myself (eating, being active, etc) and the rest takes care of itself. It's times like this that I am truly in awe.

As I was looking over the previous posts, I re-read the ones about going to the RE and the first time I took the pregnancy test. I could hardly believe it. After months of my body doing it's own thing, J and I actually trying to have a baby, numerous negative tests - it finally happened. Here I am now, with Baby doing his groove thing in my ribs!

As much as I hate looking at the dimples on my legs and the ever rising numbers on the scale, I have been very fortunate. These past 8 1/2 months have been relatively pain free. Sure there have been aches, a head cold, leg cramps - but in the scope of things I've been pretty lucky w/no morning sickness, no gestational diabetes, or any of the other potential things that can occur during pregnancy.

Now, of course I'm not that naive. I know labor and delivery are right around the corner. I may be writing another post solely about pain! LOL! I'm also nervous/anxious about it. The whole "fear" of the unknown. From what I understand, I will know no pain like this in my life! That's calming, isn't it?!
I'm still being cautiously optimistic - keeping my guard up while still trying to ease into the last stage of being pregnant.

I'm in awe that I made it this far.
(Now excuse me, I must poke at/play with my baby's foot/leg/knee/arm/butt or whatever is wriggling against my rib and bladder).

0 comments: