Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Name That Part

Since baby has been getting larger, J and I have been playing name that body part - whether it's a heel, foot, butt, head - you name it we've been trying to guess it.

So far, it seems his rear-end is on my right side in my ribs. This makes it very possible that the small round bump just above my belly button is a heel. That's about all we have for now. It's not as easy as some make it out to be, trying to guess what is poking where.

So, 6.5 weeks to go. Well, give or take because babies have a mind of their own and will come when they are damn good and ready to. :) It has gone by so quickly. Even though it's 3/7 (beginning of March), in a week it'll be middle of March. Time is flying and so is this pregnancy.

Overall, it's been pretty uneventful. Well, in terms of pain/morning sickness/fatigue. I've been pretty fortunate, I know that. There are many who feel terrible throughout the entire time.

That's not to say that I've made it this far unscathed! Even with my walking on a regular basis, I've managed to get a few dimples on my upper legs. A bit depressing since I used to run before getting pregnant and had a decent amount of muscle tone. Now, well, it's in hiding. LOL. I keep telling myself, soon enough I'll be able to get back into running. It's like a pep talk I have to keep repeating in order to not go completely mental. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

I'm so anxious to meet baby H. Not that I want to rush things. I'm just excited. And petrified. There are so many things to learn - I hope that "mothers instinct" kicks in quickly.

0 comments: