Tuesday, April 04, 2006

ZZZZZZZZZ

I'm going to whine here today, so if you don't want to read a pregnant woman's sleep deprived rant - well then go away!

Over the past 2 nights I may have managed a total of 8 hours (maybe). Between the infamous time change debacle that we are subjected to twice a year, the rotten egg smell that permeates the apartment building hallways (due to lots of rain, questionable plumbing, and being in the building at the bottom of the hill), and having to get up to pee 4-5 times per night - well, it's no wonder.

I've heard comments like "It's an example of what's to come when baby gets here." and I want to slap the mouth those words came from! Sure, they may be true to a certain degree - however the last thing this pregnant lady wants to hear is that 1) there's more of this to come and 2) be "talked down to" like I should already know this and how dare I be upset at getting no sleep.

All I really want (besides sleep) is a sympathetic ear.

I spent the better portion of last night bawling because I was so frustrated. My only consolation was feeling Baby H moving around. Of course, he was probably worked up because of me. I feel bad for that. Hopefully he doesn't hold any ill-will toward me for it.

Fast forward to this morning and it's all I can do to not lose it at work. When I'm tired I get cranky and my emotions are like a neon sign over my head. I'll make it through, I did yesterday. Although I'll have less humor about things.

My weekly DR appt is in a few hours. Maybe she'll give me good news, although the only good news would be that it's time for Baby H to be born. I know that's a crap shoot because I haven't been having any contractions to speak of. At least none that I can identify as contractions.

I wonder what options will be available on my due date in 2 weeks? Will they make me wait it out until I'm overdue? As I type these questions it kind of sinks in that there are only (technically) 2 weeks left in my pregnancy. 2 weeks - that isn't a lot of time when you stop and think about it. That's potentially *only* 2 more weekends for J and I to be a couple. 2 weeks for us to be able to just get up and go whenever we want without a second thought, watch whatever movie we want - basically just DO WHATEVER WE WANT TO DO. Hmmm...

1 comments:

Nico said...

Wow, I can't believe you're only two weeks away!

I hate the time change too. I wish we could just stay on summer time all year round!

I don't think you're at all unusual in being annoyed at all the getting up at night. And yes, you will still do it once the baby is born, but it is SO not the same (speaking from my limited experience with my niece).

As far as I know they won't do anything (like inducing you) until (gulp) two weeks after your due date, unless there is some kind of issue identified like low amniotic fluid or something. Hopefully you won't have to find that out!