Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Slowly But Surely

Things are getting better. That's not to say life is peaches and creme right now, but it's getting there.

J has been able to work 1/2 days which is promising. He still has to take it easy and can't zip around like he used to, but he's able to stand/walk/shower/ride in a car - all the things we truly take for granted until we can't do them anymore. That has elevated my mood like you wouldn't believe.

Last night J overdid it a bit which caused him to be sore for most of the night, but he's okay. I can tell he's anxious to get back to doing things like he used to.

K is doing fine at daycare. Our latest "bump" has been with pacifiers. We've gone through 3 different brands to no avail. B has one that he loves (Soothie)! I'm not certain if this is the right brand, but tonight I'm going to ask to look at it again to make sure. Then, it's off to the store.

It's hard to believe that K is 7 weeks old. I don't think time has passed that quickly ever in my life! It's almost a blur trying to remember the first few weeks home and how much trouble we were having with figuring out how much K needed to eat, when (and where) he would sleep, how we would sleep...
I'm just shaking my head at it all.

What really seems "odd" to me is that I can tell people what K likes/doesn't like, how much he eats/sleeps, how often he poops and the color (OMG, LOL!), etc. The general care info everyone asks about. Maybe "odd" isn't the word, but I can't think of anything else. It's just the idea that I know so much about another person other than myself. Motherhood is slowly sinking in.

Of course, now that I've blogged about it, K is going to totally switch it up and prove me wrong! LOL!

For now, I can take a breath. Although things are still up in the air, it's calming down bit by bit. I'll take that any day.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are getting better for you guys. You really deserve some happiness now. :)