Thursday, July 06, 2006

Happy July 4th (a little late)

K is doing much better now that he's getting over his cold. I'm thankful that's all it was, but we still worried like mad. That little man has us wrapped around his fingers LOL!

We went to visit grandma and grandpa (J's parents) and it was our first trip with him that wasn't a grocery store or to/from daycare. He didn't pretty well all day, but the night was rough. K is starting to get a routine of a bath, bottle/book and then bed and we didn't do that since we had to drive home Tuesday night. That messed him up and he got overtired and cranky. I think J and I got 3 hours of sleep that night. Somehow, we managed to get through the day.

He did sleep through the night last night, though, which was a blessing. :) He's starting to do that a little more now, maybe once or twice a week. Of course, he's been sleeping in his car seat (due to the cold) so that may change when he goes back into his crib. I'm hoping that he'll get used to being in it again.

His baptism is this weekend. It's weird to think that it'll be my child up there getting drizzled (lol) and probably screaming at the top of his lungs. I hope I can put on a good face and not look panicked if he does start getting antsy! I'm trying to perfect that "just taking it in stride" look that I've seen well-seasoned moms have. Right now, well, I've no idea if I'm coming close.

So, here he is on the 4th, which also marks his 10 week old "birthday". I'm so excited to be able to interact with him more. I also am a sucker for his smile. We're still trying to get one where he's looking at the camera but for now a side one will have to do.

0 comments: