Friday, August 04, 2006

Blowing the Bell Curve

"To the whole world you might be just one person, but to one person you might just be the whole world." Joseph Campbell

This was emailed to me in one of those monthly baby "deals" from various companies. There suggestion was to write about how it feels

to be a mother with a baby this age (3 1/2 months). You are literally your baby's whole world. Write about how it feels to be someone else's whole world, as well as how it feels to have someone else be your whole world.


I can sum it up in one word - overwhelming.















Ok, I'll get serious. I can't fathom what K must think of me. If I could peek into his brain, I'd probably see that he thinks I'm an emotional, stressed, kind of fun at times woman who changes my diaper and forces me to lay on my tummy until I get red faced and cry.
I can't imagine being anyone's whole world. I can't imagine mattering that much to someone else. Sure the 3 of us mean a lot to each other, but, I don't know...I never have felt that important to anyone. Not to the point where I'm their whole world and they're entirely dependent on me. This is new territory for me.

Again, blowing the bell curve.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is overwhelming. I so get it.

When they look at you for the first time. Or, when they run their hand up and down your cheek. Stare at you and smile. It melts your heart. How can someone love you SO much without really knowing you. If Ella only knew the real me, and how unorganized my sock drawer really is, she might not be so enamored.

Nico said...

I really don't think it's something that's possible to imagine. But I'm looking forward to it!