Monday, August 14, 2006

Mommy - 1 / K - 173

So this morning K woke up to "eat" (inhale from the bottle) and when he was done he was in no mood to go back to sleep.
So instead I put him in his exersaucer and set him outside the bathroom door while I got ready for work. He enjoyed grabbing the giraffe rattle and banging against "whatever toy got in the way".

We had safely made it through the 20 minutes it takes me to get ready without any howls of frustration when I made my way around the corner and into the kitchen to get some breakfast. K was still able to see me (and I him) so we were still good.

As I was getting things ready, I noticed that K had gotten quiet and was just staring in the general area around me/the kitchen floor/rug by the pantry. I thought to myself that he is ready to be out of the exersaucer. He's on the verge of having enough and ready to start fussing. I wondered if I was right with my assumption and thought I'd leave him in it, to see if I had indeed "figured him out".
About 1 1/2 minutes passed and he looked up at me, bounced up in the chair and began his tirade. LOL!
I knew it! HA!

I felt like a true mom who knows her son! Even if it was only this one time, it was awesome!

Score 1 for Mommy!

0 comments: