Monday, October 09, 2006

Not Starting So Good

This month is only 9 days in and it hasn't been going well.

Last Monday I had a headache from hell. It hurt to lay down, sit up, to do anything. I finally willed myself to puke and felt better by the end of the day.
Lovely.

K has had his "cold" for 2 1/2 weeks and it has now progressed to an ear infection. Even Better.

J started to feel ill over this past weekend and he now has a double ear infection.
Fucking Fantastic!

If you've been reading for a while, you can note that this has not been the easiest year for us to get through (see Here and Here).

How exactly is one expected to make it through this bullshit?! I'm really interested because at the moment I'm drowning myself in chocolate and carrot cake. Gee, no fucking wonder I'm having a hard time loosing the baby weight. I can't focus on eating right, exercising and juggling DR appts for K and J every other week.
How sad that my only refuge is work.

I'd love to take a day off for me, but that gets blown to shit too. Think I'm kidding?! I had planned to take last Friday off for me and only me. K would be in daycare and J would be at work. Do you think it worked out that way? Hell no! K spent most of Thursday night/Friday morning with a fever (leading to the above mentioned ear infection) and we spent the better part of Friday at the DR and then going to get the medicine.

I don't think I'm asking too much for 1 damn day to do what I want. One day to reset myself would be really fucking nice.

This year bites the big one! I'm grateful that J, K and I are alive and making it through, but dear fucking christ (!) it's been by the skin of our teeth.

Somebody please tell me it will get better. Even if you have to lie.

2 comments:

DD said...

It WILL get better...it has to...


Right?

Anonymous said...

Aw hon...it WILL!! The year is almost over (gah!) and you're due for some good luck. Thinking about you and hope things get easier than they've been.