Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Dramamine, Anyone?

So the past few days have been "interesting".

Sunday:
K got sick. By sick, I mean it was coming out of both ends. J and I debated on whether to take him to the pediatric urgent care since they'd probably tell us to let it run it's course. Since we hadn't ever dealt with K vomiting we decided to go. Good thing, too, because K has (as the DR said) "a very impressive" ear infection. The words out of my mouth were, "Excuse me? What?"
K, apparently being super human, hadn't given us one sign/symptom that his ear hurt.
We spent the rest of the day just trying to keep liquids in him.

Monday:
K stayed home from daycare. I stayed with him during the morning. J came home around noon to watch him for the rest of the day. By the time I got to work, about 30 minutes after J took over, I was getting sick in the bathroom. I hadn't even been there 5 minutes before I was putting my coat back on to go home.
By 6 pm, J was getting sick.

Tuesday:
J was up until 2 am "taking care of business". He decided to go to work though. I told him he was silly, but since he used up most of his sick/vacation time during his back "episode", he didn't have much choice. I stayed home. I don't have a lot of vacation time left, but there's enough.

So, I'm back among the living - for the most part. The past 2 days I've only eaten a few crackers. Even today, I've managed to keep down some crackers and one of those Campbells Soup at Hand. I'm hungry, but I don't dare push it.

My head has been spinning from trying to keep up with it all. I'm hoping we feel better by Friday. We have tickets to a hockey game and it would be nice to go.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't even stomach those soup at hands on a healthy stomach. Blech! :)

Hope everyone is back to being healthy soon. Take care!