Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Pregnancy 101

So there are many things that one learns during pregnancy. What foods to avoid, the amount of caffeine allowed, symptoms of gas, etc, etc.
What do they leave out? Well let me tell you!
That EVERY DAMN OVER THE COUNTER MEDICINE HAS A PREGNANCY WARNING ON IT!
From a simple cough drop to vicks vapor rub - yup, there's the warning!
God forbid you actually catch a cold and need something to help!

As you might have guessed, yes I have said head cold and had to wallow in it for 1 1/2 days until I could call DR and find out what is okay to take. It was so insane it was funny, I kid you not, everything has a pregnancy warning. I could hardly believe it! I would've been laughing my ass off if it weren't for the hacking cough that would've ensued because I'd shaken loose the congestion in my head.

Anyway, that's my vent! Other than that, I'm enjoying being pregnant. For the most part, anyway. I don't think anyone enjoys gaining weight, only sleeping on their side at night or the gas that creeps up whether you eat one cookie or an entire 4 course dinner. (gurgle on gas bubble, gurgle on)

2 comments:

Nico said...

I guess I have to start paying attention to this stuff now! :-)

Anonymous said...

Happy holidays!

I hope the new year brings many blessings for you.

Love, Sassy.