Thursday, September 07, 2006

These three things sound the same when you can't see what your 4.5 month old (who is strapped in his rear facing car seat)is doing in the back seat while driving him to daycare:
1. Blowing Raspberries (his new found ability to look adorable while basically spitting on you)
2. Sneezing
3. Spitting Up his "breakfast of champions" formula

Guess which one he was doing?

















If you guessed #3, then you are RIGHT!

Yes, when I opened the door to get him out of the car he was mostly covered in spit-up. The bib I *thankfully* remembered to put on him contained most of it, but even still.....Not the most appealing way to start the morning. I mean really, how happy would you be if you spit up what you just ate on the way to work?!

I guess the only creatures who don't care are birds feeding their little ones. That's okay. They're cute. So is my son, but damn why does he have to be so messy! LOL!
BTW, yes I know young children are messy. Let me have my moment, will you?!


UPDATE
K doesn't have an ear infection (thank goodness) and is most likely starting the teething process. DR A didn't see anything in his mouth yet, but he ok'd using the Hyland's tablets and infant tylenol if he gets too fussy.
The more I think about it, I wonder if he was clingy/fussy because of the immunization shots he had last week. It's possible he just didn't feel like himself because of residule effects from them. I know I'm not a happy camper after I get a shot, so I can certainly understand how he's feeling.

2 comments:

Mama of 2 said...

That's the one thing I despise about rear facing seats...the inability to see what they are really doing.

As for the spitting up breakfast on my way to work...well that would be cause for me to turn around and go directly home.

Hope your little one is feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah...this past Sunday on the way to church, my little guy gorped all over himself and we got a nice little surprise when we opened the door. I had just feed him before we left and he had been staring at the mirror on the headrest (a mirror so I can see him if need be) and got sick from watching that.

Glad your little one doesn't have an ear infection. I swear mine is teething already, he chews on everything and especially loves our fingers. I guess they can "teeth" for months before a tooth actually breaks through.