Thursday, November 02, 2006

Ear Infection # 2

That is the verdict from DR P. This time K gets augmentin and we're hoping it takes care of whatever has been giving K such a hard time.

We also get to go back in 2 weeks for a follow up to see how things are progressing. I'm hoping this will get better.

I'm feeling calmer today, much better than yesterday. I know deep down that I'm not a crappy parent. I'm just a first timer who has no idea where to begin sometimes - or most of the time.
I truly hate watching K be miserable. I feel so bad for him and there's really no way I can make him understand. All I can do is give him lots of hugs, play with him and make sure the Halloween Bear is never out of reach for him.

With that in mind, it feels nice to know that K wants to be with us. He stretches out his arms to us, turns around to face us, generally just wants to be near us.

There was a time when I would babysit and when the baby would get fussy they didn't want anything to do with me and would twist this way and that to look for mommy and daddy. Nothing I could do would console them. It's nice to be able to be the one that baby wants to be with. Even if it is 2:30 am and I can barely open my eyes. It's all worth it when he lays his head on my shoulder, squirms around to get in the right spot and falls asleep.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rooster Girl has a double ear infection (discovered on day 10 of her dosage of Omnicef prescribed for a single ear infection) and now, without missing a single day of antibiotics (who would want to?) is on the evil, very vile, CLENDOMIACIN. (shudder.)