Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Suggestions, please? (aka Our Next Challenge)

Guess what our next "challenge" is...

If you said diaper rash, I'll send you a Snoopy star sticker.


I've read that this (diaper rash) can come up when children take antibiotics and K is no exception.

I let his rear air out for about 3 minutes tonight before bed. We also are trying Bourdreaux's Butt Paste.

I'm open to any and all suggestions on what to do to keep this in check and get rid of it, which I realize will probably happen once he's done with the antibiotic.

1 comments:

DD said...

You're asking for assvice? Literally?

Yes, antibiotics did it to my son every time as well. We ran the gamut of suggestions including maalox applied to the rash, "airing" out, etc., but we found the most important thing about a diaper rash is not necessarily treating it, but making it so it didn't hurt as much. Commercial wipes hurt. I don't care if they say alcohol free or not. Try on on a scrape next time you get one. It burns.

So we made our own wipes. Email me if you want the recipe.