Friday, March 09, 2007

For What It's Worth

1. Buying infant/toddler shoes is not that easy. They recommend soft soled shoes as they learn to walk, however those damn things won't protect his feet when he's playing outside this summer.

2. Trying on the before-mentioned shoes is like attempting to put an orange into a toaster.

3. I'm a cheap ass. I don't want to pay $30 or more on a pair of shoes K will outgrow faster than mold can grow in an abandoned shower. I want my money's worth, damnit!

4. Fiber in one's diet is great. I do my best to meet the minimum every day. Tripling the number of fiber grams in one day is NOT advised.

5. When you know the weekend is going to involve a get together with pizza and cake, you might as well start the binging a day early.

4 comments:

Christy said...

What is the deal with putting soft soled shoes on babies? I am with you - they certainly aren't going to protect their feet. You might as well just put socks little K's feet!

Bon said...

i'm totally with you on points #1, 2, 3, and 5...especially 5 as it sounds like your weekend and mine weren't that different.

but i'm very curious about #4...did more fibre equal, erm...more output? or less? i know, i know...i wouldn't actually ask my f2f friends such personal things...

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree - shoes for children can be expensive.

Amy said...

I'm right there with you, friend! :)