Thursday, January 05, 2006

Hmmm

I was thinking about baby being able to start hearing things now and possibly being one of "those" people who play music, etc to them in utero. Then I started thinking about how he may react to it, which then led me to remembering when I first felt him move around inside.

It was around the beginning of December and J and I were driving to his parents for a belated Thanksgiving. J had put Massive Attack in the CD player and sometime during the first two songs, I felt muscle spasms/flutters in my belly. It wasn't painful, but it was different from the gassy feelings everyone says you'll feel when baby starts moving. I was excited and freaked out at the same time. Excited to possibly be feeling baby, freaked out because there was indeed something growing in my belly that didn't require a trip to the bathroom!

I told J about it and we talked about it and various other things. Somehow, we got on the subject of playing music/reading to him as he grew, etc, etc. It was cool. We wondered what kind of music we should play and all that. We decided that Massive Attack might be a good option, since it got such a response from him already.

I've thought about playing it in my car on the way to work so see if I get a response from baby. Maybe I'll try different styles. Am I bad for "toying" w/my child before he's even born?! LOL!

0 comments: